Tech Elevator's Pathway Program and Me!

Hello World!

I was so excited about Memorial Day weekend that I forgot to post another update last week. Oops! Or "ope!" as us Midwesterners say.

As part of Tech Elevator we have a program called Pathway, which means that a couple of great people who know about interviewing and recruiting and HR (and martial arts, which I'm sure will be very useful in interviews) help us out with getting ready for the not-programming part of getting a job. It's a great resource and, based on my vague shopping around, not something that every bootcamp provides. It's especially important for me since I'm not the most confident job-searcher or interviewer.

Last week we made elevator pitches. Basically, we made a little quick intro to ourselves and what we want out of a job. It was a great way to start thinking about our strengths and passions, as well as giving us a little paragraph of easy lines to pick and choose from for conversations and awkward bits of interviews. For example, please see my horrible quality video below:


I am absolutely NOT the best at selling myself, so I was glad for this kick in the pants.

This week we're working on resumes. See above about not being able to sell myself. I'm excited to see why I should hire me in one page or less. 

Still terrified of interviews, but I'm also now a Krav Maga martial art expert*, thanks to the Pathway program. So you just watch out interviewing--I'm gonna kick your butt! (*not actually a Krav Maga expert.)

Keep Coding,
Miranda




Comments

Popular Posts