What to Do When You're Expecting a Capstone Project

Hello World!

I think I'm just going to have to admit that this is a once a week blog. In my defense, my brain was consumed last week by our first mini capstone project. Tech Elevator has three mini capstones and then a BIG two-week capstone at the end. And let me tell you it was a wild ride and my brain still hasn't recovered!

On that note, I thought I'd give some tips on preparing for your first Tech Elevator mini-capstone.

Listen and take notes in lecture!

I've seen quite a few reviews for Tech Elevator where they're like, "Yeah, most people, like, do their own projects and work on exercises during the lecture." But I am here to tell you that unless you already know Java, you should probably pay attention so you don't have to relearn everything come the capstone.

Don't plan anything for a capstone weekend. 

You will need that weekend. Your partner will probably murder you if you disappear to Disney World for that weekend. Just pre-plan to give up that entire weekend.

Do the exercises.

I feel like this goes without saying, but I'm going to say it again. Do the exercises. The capstones (at least the first one) are basically like doing all the exercises, but altogether, and if you didn't do them in the first place, you're going to be lost.

+++++++++++

This week we're moving onto databases, and while databases don't sound like the most interesting subject ever, I am glad to give my brain a little vacation. A change is as good as a break, right?

Happy Coding,
Miranda


Comments

Popular Posts