Hello World!

My name is Miranda, and I was an English major. This seemed like a great choice more than a decade ago when I was a young romantic with dreams of becoming the next Charles Dickens. (Minus the whole dying alone and in dreadful poverty part.) I was good at editing. I was creative. I enjoyed writing. What could go wrong?

Ah, intelligent reader, I can hear you now. "No, Miranda! Don't do it, Miranda! No one cares about proper English, Miranda!" Shhh... no, no, don't ruin past Miranda's aspirations. Leave her in peaceful innocence. Let her dream her dreams.

I don't regret that choice, not really. And I am never going to stop writing. But I had a bit of character development recently, and I realized that, hey, that creativity? That attention to detail? That curiosity and drive that led me to become an English major? All of those could be used in a modern setting--to create new worlds using code.

And so I embark on a journey. Starting next week, I will be joining the Summer 2019 cohort for Tech Elevator. I've done all my pre-work. (Three hurrahs for FreeCodeCamp.org!) Now it's time for a new adventure!

I'd love if you'd join me on the trail, and I hope this will be a good guide for future explorers.

Happy Coding,

Miranda

Comments

Popular Posts