Gardening and Java

Hello World!

Tech Elevator offers two classes--Java and .net (C#). They're the same class but with a different backend language. Since so many languages are used, and when I'm hired I'll likely have to learn whatever language the company is using, it doesn't really make much of a difference which class I'm in. The classes are more about learning to learn.

Originally I requested Java but was open to C#. Tech Elevator moved me to C# because they had so many Java students this summer. They have two classes worth of Java for this cohort, which I gather is exciting!

Great story, bro. Cause now I'm back to Java due to some last minute dropouts, which I am secretly happy about even though it shouldn't make a difference. (Shhh, don't tell anyone.)

I've got some more suggested work from my new Java teacher, and I definitely recommend the CS50's Introduction to Computer Science at edx.org. I'm only 7 minutes into one of the "Shorts" videos and already I feel smarter and also dumber. I'm certain this will be a theme this summer.

In greener news, I'm trying to get my garden in before all my time is eaten up by the code monsters. We added three more beds. (On the right.)



Then I snuck some concrete blocks home and conscripted my brother into making yet another bed, but it's going to be great Tim, I swear, no I don't have a problem, why would you think that?


I leave you with this picture of the plants my mother grew in her basement. (Not what you're thinking, presumptuous reader.)


Happy Coding!

Miranda



Comments

Popular Posts