First Day at Tech Elevator!

Hello World!

It's my first day at Tech Elevator, and I'm just taking a break from my homework--ah, homework, how I didn't actually miss you--to say I'm tired but EXCITED still!

I feel like these are legit people who are legit going to help me. (I still had a tiny bit of skepticism left in my soul. That's a lie. My soul is 85% skepticism and 15% unicorns.) The teachers have been there and done that, and I believe I'm going to profit from their experience.

One fellow, John, has been programming for 37 years. As an aside, he's hilarious. I'm a little envious of the .net class. ;) Really though, I'm glad I have Brian as an instructor. He has infinite patience and kindness in his core.

I'm already gitting things and committing things, and did I say I was excited?

I'm surprised to find though, that of all the many things that happened today, I most remember meeting so many interesting people. I don't consider myself to be a "meeting people" sort of person. But it was so easy to talk to everyone I met about all sorts of intriguing bits of their lives. Maybe that's what happens when people with a shared goal meet on a mostly level playing field.

Is it possible that the real Tech Elevator is the friends we make along the way?

On an ending note, funny story. A group of us was sharing around dogs, as one does. And this guy across from me said his dog name was Gendry.

Hmm, I thought. That sounds familiar. Nah, I bet there are tons of dogs with that name.

Then he shows me his dog. And it turns out that I'm BEST FRIENDS WITH THIS DOG. (I worked with Gendry's mom, and we were tight. Me and the dog, that is. Although his mom was pretty cool too.)

So truly, it is a small world, full of friends and dogs.

Happy Coding,

Miranda

P.S. Because I know you want it...

Comments

Popular Posts